Visual Concepts and 2K Games have created a professional wrestling video game called WWE 2K22 as a 20-second overall launch of the new WWE series. To help recall, it’s a sequel to 2019’s WWE 2K20 game and offers quite a lot of new features with stunning visuals, to say the least. Some gamers are also reporting difficulty with WWE 2K22 Multiplayer Mode Not Working while connecting the game online. It’s rather aggravating for affected players.
If you’re a victim, you might be encountering the ‘unable to communicate with server’ error. If so, follow this guide completely to fix it. As per multiple reports online, the chances are high that somehow you’re facing the unable to communicate with the server at this time error while trying to get into the multiplayer mode. Multiplayer online video games are a big deal. However, sometimes they can be unstable and you may have to fix them manually. The reasons why these games crash may vary, but in the end, the problems must be fixed.
Fix: WWE 2K22 Multiplayer Mode Not Working
WWE 2K22 multiplayer mode is not working for many users. Some users are reporting that they are unable to connect to matches, while others are reporting that the game crashes before they can even start a match. It’s unlikely that you’ll be able to fix the issue immediately, but here are some troubleshooting methods to try:
1. Restart the Game
The WWE 2K22 multiplayer mode is not working for some people. They are unable to join a game, or the game crashes when they try to join. This appears to be a problem with the PS4 version of the game. The good news is that there is a workaround.
If you are having this problem, start the game in single-player mode. From the main menu, go to options and change the network type to “LAN.” You will then be able to join games with other players.
2. Reboot the System/Device
2K Games is aware of the issue and is investigating it. They have not released a statement yet, but they are probably working on a fix. In the meantime, if you experience this problem, you can try restarting your system or reinstalling the game.
3. Check your Internet Connection
Make sure to check the connection between your PC and the game servers because an unstable or poor Internet connection can lead to connectivity issues with the game servers. If you need assistance when games are crashing repeatedly because of connectivity issues, contact your ISP for help. If your connection is slow, you can ask your ISP to upgrade your data plan. You can also change the IP address if you are having problems with website access.
When using a wireless (Wi-Fi) network then be sure to change to a wire (ethernet) connection to obtain a stable Internet speed. Advanced users can also try using the Goggle DNS address on their Internet settings to get maximum speed or access to game servers throughout the world.
4. Check Game Server Status
It’s possible that you are experiencing a server outage. Please check out the game server status to make sure. You can also check whether the WWE 2k22 servers are down by visiting the official website. Maintenance at the server level is usually not due to your business, so you don’t have to do anything about it.
You should check @WWEgames Twitter handle for outage reports. If there is a server downtime present then wait for around a couple of hours and try again. If there is no downtime then you can follow the next method.
5. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
If your Wi-Fi router is not working as it should, power cycling it may help. This is a simple process of turning the router off and then back on again. Doing this may solve various issues, such as a device not connecting to the network or internet speeds being slow.
To power cycle, a Wi-Fi router, first locate the power button or switch. This is typically found on the back of the unit. Once you have found it, press and hold the button for 10 seconds until the router powers off. After 10 seconds have passed, release the button and wait another 30 seconds before powering it back on by pressing and holding the button again for 10 seconds.
To do that:
- Turn off the router first > Once the LED indicators stopped, unplug the power cable from the router.
- Now, wait for around 30 seconds, and then plug back the power cable into the router.
- Turn on the router and check for the WWE 2K22 server connectivity error.
6. Verify and Repair Game Files
It’s also recommended to verify and repair your game files on PC via the Steam client. The Steam client will check if the game files are corrupt or missing. If so, it will fix them. To do so:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on WWE 2K22 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
7. Flush DNS Cache
Flushing the DNS cache on your computer is an efficient way of deleting cache files related to your computer’s internet configuration. Your PC and the internet settings may also be revitalized if they routinely connect to the game servers without any issues with fresh and undamaged cache files. Use the flush DNS option to accomplish this goal.
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard to open the Start menu > Type Command Prompt and search for it.
- Now, right-click on Command Prompt > Select Run as administrator.
- Click on Yes to run with the admin access > Once the command prompt window opens, type the following command and hit Enter: ipconfig /flushdns
- A successful message will appear > Close the command prompt window.
- Now, reboot the PC to apply changes.
8. Reinstall WWE 2K22
The most likely cause of the problem of the WWE 2K22 multiplayer is that a file is missing or corrupted. The first thing you can do to fix it is to uninstall and reinstall the game on your PC or device. This process should fix the issue. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key or click on the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- Now, type Control Panel and search for it > Click on it from the result.
- Click on Uninstall a program > Search for the WWE 2K22 game.
- Click on the title and select Uninstall > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes > Next, open the Steam client.
- Search for WWE 2K22 and install the game again.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
9. Contact 2K Support
If you couldn’t solve your problem, then don’t give up. Contact 2K Support for further assistance. If a support agent can solve the technical issue, then you will be able to play the game again. If not, then ask the support agent to raise a ticket. This way, you will get a deeper investigation of your issue and maybe it can be fixed. Although this process can take some time, it is worth trying to get help from 2K Support.
So that’s it for our Fix WWE 2K22 Multiplayer Mode Not Working. Now we’d like to hear from you. What’s wrong with you about this game?
Do you want to try to fix it?
Or maybe we miss any info on this issue.
Either way, let us know by leaving a comment below.