How to Activate 5G on Non 5G Country on Android Device: 5G technology and network is the latest achievement we’re getting in our lifestyle nowadays as most of the world’s mobile carriers are operating feverishly on accessing it. According to a recently published report from VIAVI, it is at present accessible in 72 countries around the world, covering nearly 1947 cities. Well, some countries do not have 5G at this time. Would you like to Activate 5G on your Non 5G Country on any Non 5G Android Device? You can check this article.
Considering how quickly developments in technology occur, there’s a high likelihood that in four years or so, virtually every country around the world will have access to a 5G network and connectivity between all their cities. But as of now, it is improbable for all countries and carriers to keep pace with the process since it is time-consuming and more expensive compared to 4G connectivity. If your device doesn’t support 5G technology, and you don’t know when it’ll be available for your use at home then you should come to this location.
How to Activate 5G on Non 5G Country on Android Device
A big thank you to Meroine95 (XDA Senior Member) for performing an excellent tutorial that has helped many XDA members access 5G on unsupported Android phones. A personal thanks to those who have commented regarding their own success. From now on, let’s take things to step by step. Let’s now get into the procedure in detail.
Note: This guide is primarily compatible with any Google Pixel device, regardless of whether 5G is enabled. Even if your Pixel 6W model is 5G-enabled, but you cannot use it in non-5G regions or while traveling that your carrier doesn’t support, then you can use this guide to give it a try.
- The battery level should be more than 60%. It’s highly recommended to charge the device fully to avoid any kind of occasional shutdowns during the process.
- Keep your PC and USB data cable ready.
- Your device should be rooted with Magisk. Do keep in mind that the bootloader will be unlocked while rooting your device. So, take a full data backup of the device to avoid data loss.
- You’ll require a 5G plan to be activated on your carrier SIM.
- Obviously, 5G coverage is required to get it worked.
Warning: do not attempt MobileKoto troubleshooting work yourself; its advice has no bearing on whether your phone will be damaged or incur an error. Proceed at your own risk. You should know what you are doing. This is a potent method for sophisticated users or developers primarily, and if you don’t know the course of Magisk for rooting and bootloader unlocking, you can’t complete the action. Use this trick on your backup Android device to be safe.
Steps to Activate 5G on Non-5G Country
- First of all, make sure to enable Root access on your handset using Magisk.
- Second, you’ll need to install the Magisk module (volte.zip) via Magisk Manager to activate VOLTE on the handset.
- Now, simply reboot the device to the system. It may take some time to boot so have some patience.
- As you’ve unlocked the bootloader on your device, the internal data is wiped out. So, after booting, you’ll need to go through the initial setup process.
- Next, enable Wi-Fi or Mobile Data > Install the Network Signal Guru app from the Google Play Store on your device.
- Tap on the 3-dots icon > Forcing control > Make sure to select your SIM card.
- Tap on NR SETTING > Select Opt2(0x10) and Opt3(0x01) on the ENDC menu.
- Finally, restart the smartphone. If you’re on 5G coverage in your area, it should work like a charm.
Note: Your cell phone provider may not allow you to choose a 5G signal if it does not allow you to select NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA from the Preferred Network option. Enter the phone number 4636 on the mobile dial-pad.
Based on numerous reports that Google Pixel and Android device users made, this poorly documented sleight of hand-worked on various continents, including Hungary, Romania, the United Arab Emirates, the Philippines, China, Thailand, Hong Kong, and many others. Most significantly among other advantages, it worked just as well with Android 12 and Android 13 Beta devices. Therefore, if your device is operating on Android 10 11 then you may need to test it out yourself to determine whether it’s working or not.
Read More: Android 13 Apps are Crashing, How to Fix?
But that should not be difficult for you if you have problems with your Android application or if it’s giving you any trouble seeing through the setup. If that is the case, feel free to head to the free app support link below and get help from the experts in the XDA Thread directly.
That’s everything, dudes! We cover this topic in How To Activate 5G On Non 5G Country On Android Device: we assume that guide was useful to you. If there’s anything you’d like to follow up with, let us know below.